Thursday, December 20, 2018

December 20 – “In the 20’s”


It’s now officially in the 20’s.  No, not temperature.  I would have been whining much louder if that were the case.  I mean that the number after that word “December” has reached the 20’s.  Chris has begun wrapping presents.  I guess this Christmas 2018 thing is starting to get real.  We probably should figure out a time to finish up that shopping.  Ten grandkids.  And all of them have parents that we vaguely remember.  Maybe a few friends here and there.  I started out my day with the other side of the Christmas coin.   I worked on sermons and services.  I have two to prepare for the upcoming Sunday as well as Christmas Eve.  And then I need to move on to the Sunday after that, because we will have a houseful of young’uns that will not be so conducive to sermon preparation.  Oh, and in my spare time I’m about to overdose on Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies. 

In the midst of it all, Chris had to take me to my haircut appointment.  My stylist informed me at our party the other night that it was time.  I love that she gives me those little reminders.  One less thing I have to think about.  After she dropped me off Chris headed to the store to pick up some supplies for her next party.  She had a Wednesday Club Christmas Party at lunchtime.  And she had to pick up Mrs. Betty on her way.  All after picking me up from the barber shop.  Did I mention I have an amazing chauffeur?

I managed to pull off both sets of my exercises yesterday.  The therapist told me I could break them up into any form I want, just so I reach the target number of repetitions every day.  Target number?  I have to do each exercise 75 times.  The hardest part?  Keeping track of the count.  Well, that and then there’s the issue I have doing the ones where I sit or lie down.  I have trouble staying awake.  But I guess that’s good, right?  It means muscle memory is kicking in, because when I realize I have dozed off and reawaken, I’m still doing the exercises.  In fact, I may be doing more than my share.  I must be doing some specific good, though.  My knee sure reminds of the effort for a long time after I’m done. 

I touched base with my medical sharing plan to see why we haven’t seen any response to the bills we have turned in.  Come to find out, the statements I sent them from UTMB didn’t have a proper address and phone number to identify them.  Now I have to upload a business card to make them valid.  I’ll get right on that.  I’m all about following proper procedure, you know. 

Psalms 119:103 says, “How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”

Father, thank you for Christmas.  I love this season.  Amen.

No comments: