Saturday, December 29, 2018

December 29 – “Long walk … walk … walk …”


I learned something yesterday.  Did you know you could have a garage sale on FaceBook?  Just post pictures of your stuff and tell people how much you want.  I guess you then get together later to make the big switch.  At least I think that’s how it works.  Or maybe you’re just buying the picture of the stuff …

We made our way into Texas to see the surgeon about the redness and swelling around the incision site.  And of course by the time we got there it had gotten considerable better.  She was, however, not at all happy to find out I had called three times and she was just now hearing about it.  She gave me some antibiotics for what she termed “Suture Abscesses.”  Sounds frightening.  She was not at all worried.  In fact the only reason she went to the antibiotics was because of my post-surgical history of infection.  “Take them for MY peace of mind,” she said.  I have to go back next week for her to have a look at it. 

On the way home we stopped at Target for a quick gift return and replacement.  Long walk around the store.  Then we stopped at Randall’s for some gas and to pick up the prescription.  Oh, and to get some fruit.  Long walk around the store.  Not as difficult.  Smaller store.  And then came the grand finale.  The WalMart grocery run.  Long walk around the store.  Then we arrived at the grocery section.  Up and down every aisle.  New definition of “Long walk around the store.”  My total mileage for the day?  2.2 miles.  I was beat.

Last night we headed back out to the retreat center at Seaside.  New group.  Old friends.  Mona and David from our Arlington days.  They are here for a combined family get-together.  Their son has just become engaged, and the two families are spending some time getting to know each other.  Fascinating concept.  Sounded like the format for a National Lampoon movie at first.  But it seemed like the folks actually like each other.  I think the kids are going to do just fine.

And finally … last night around 9, Josh and his family arrived for our Christmas holiday time.  Here we go …

Psalms 119:147 says, “I rise before dawn and cry for help; I have put my hope in your word.”

Father, be with Drew and Claire as they look toward their marriage.  And be with their families as they support them.  Amen.

No comments: