Saturday, December 15, 2018

December 15 – “Beep … beep … beep”


Chris spent one whole day baking bread to go along with the Christmas mix candy substance she had already made.  The house smelled amazing.  I’m pretty much convinced that the smell rather than the impending cold front was the reason that mouse sought refuge the other day.  I spent the day alternating between preparing for the Christmas party we were hosting, doing leg exercises, and just being exhausted from the same.  I could have left out the extra walking part, though. 

We went to WalMart to get the supplies we needed for the Reindeer Games portion of our Christmas party.  I wasn’t confident enough to make a go of WalMart with just me and my walker, though, so I became … a WalMart Electric Cart Rider.  Yep.  One of THEM.  That thing drives like a tank.  And it occasionally has a mind of its own.  At one point I was stopped and browsing and it started moving forward on its own.  Then I tried to put it in reverse, and it went forward, crashing right into the basket in front of me.  Fortunately it was ours.  And that doesn’t even take into account all the times it turned itself off, I assume to conserve battery energy.  Oi discovered in the “research phase” of my ride that those things just don’t go very fast, even in a straightaway.  It does turn quickly, though.  That was fun.  So was backing up.  Felt like I was back driving my garbage truck … Beep, beep, beep.  No … I didn’t hit anybody, although that would have been fun as well.  Maybe next time. 

Oh, and about the Christmas party.  We had more people here than we have had in a long time.  They started coming in so fast that I don’t think Chris had time to get a photo of everyone in front of the tree.  The games were a lot of fun.  From Christmas Carol Charades (which the girls won handily) to Frosty’s Melting, all the way down to Rudolph’s Red Nose M&M’s and Jingle All The Way, we had a lot of laughs.  The food everyone brought was tasty as usual.  And Pastor Kel did a great job reading the Christmas story from the Book of Luke.  The children seemed to enjoy their scavenger hunt for hiding reindeer, and they jumped right in when the other games began.  You would have thought that these people actually enjoyed being together …

Psalms 119:66 says, “Teach me knowledge and good judgment, for I believe in your commands.”

Father, thank you for the fun.  It’s just so … fun.  Amen.

No comments: