Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October 24 – “An Update Trio”


Knee update.  I made the two mile mark again in our walk.  Chris went four or five.  She is awesome.  My knee was really barking at me, though.  Maybe it’s the cold weather.  That’s sure not helping.  I mean, sixty-one degrees?  That is unheard of cold here on our Island paradise.  And today it’s raining to boot.  Not a very appealing track scenario.

Here’s the latest medication saga update.  I sent in the request to Randall’s.  They did not receive a reply from the doctor, so I went online to the little My Chart site they have set up.  I ordered the meds through that.  Then I called the doctor’s office and explained the situation to the front desk person who answered the phone.  She assured me a nurse would call me back when they sent the prescription to Randall’s.  And I waited.  But this time I actually did get a nurse call back.  Gotta love those nurses.  She understood my dilemma and assured me that she would send the request in to the pharmacy right away.  And I waited.  Never did hear from the Randall’s computer, so Chris and I went over there about 7:30 or so.  And sure enough … there it was.  I now have a three month’s supply of two of the meds ($75), and a supply of the other one waiting in the wings (That one is the high-dollar one.  To take a three-month supply of that one would have been over $400.  Not happening all at once).  I’m not quite out of that one anyway, so I’ll hold off for a while. 

While we are on updates, Chris got her notice from the Social Security Administration that they saw she applied online to receive social security.  That’s all it said.  “We saw that you applied online.”  Guess that’s a good thing …

And the final update of the day comes from the Heidi front.  She had her recheck appointment with the surgeon.  Every tech and front desk worker recognized her when we walked in.  That’s a clue that we’ve been then too much lately.  Aside from pooping in my lap (Well, she was wrapped in a towel, so it wasn’t directly in my lap.  Still too close for comfort in more ways than one), the doc gave her a clean bill of health.  All the stitches are out and the wound appears to be healed.  She does have a wart on what’s left of her tail, though.  No big deal.  Just thought he’d tell us.  He rushed us out the door after his pronouncement.  No charge, just hurry out the door before something else goes wrong.  His words, not mine …

Psalms 107:2-3 says, “Let the redeemed of the Lord say so — those he redeemed from the hand of the foe, those he gathered from the lands, from east and west, from north and south.”

Father, thank you for the positive updates in our life.  We needed a few.  Amen.

No comments: