Tuesday, October 23, 2018

October 23 – “Permitted”


I lit into my Monday work … day.  My Monday work day, not work OUT.  Oh, we did go for our walk.  I made it two miles, too.  But this was Monday, after all.  Work is the word of the day.  Chris got into the spirit as well.  She spent the morning focused on a quilt she is building.  No permit required.

I did get out of the house in the afternoon.  I went into town to pick up our fence-building permit.  I turned in the application last week to replace the fence on one side of our house.  They said to come back yesterday.  It was ready to go at the front desk.  I am officially permitted.  I texted Nathan to let him know I had it.  He replied, “Now we’ll have to actually build it.”  Oh, yeah.  There is that …

I stopped by Randall’s to get some fruit and see if by some freak chance they had received notice back from the doctor about the medications I need for neuropathy in my feet.  I’m out.  Completely.  And … nope.  Not there yet.  I have already missed a few doses because of the inherent incompetency of the mail order Medicare pharmacy.  When I attempted to set it up – with great fear and trembling, I might add – they assured me it would be delivered by Saturday.  It was not.  I called Sunday afternoon to see where it was.  It hadn’t been shipped yet.  They said they had been calling to get an approval and never could get through.  I finally asked who they needed approval from.  Me.  They needed approval from me.  Me.  The one who called to set the whole thing up in the first place.  They then told me I could order from my local pharmacy instead (and pay the required fee).  I assured them that I would be happy to take that route as soon as they recorded my official complaint.  So now I wait until the doctor responds to the local pharmacy request.  My hope is that the doc won’t balk at having already approved the mail order.  Phew.  I’m tired. 

Psalms 107:4 says, “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”

Father, would you help the docs and pharmacists get all this paperwork straight?  Amen.

No comments: