Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8 – “Coming home”

It was great to be back at Seaside again after our jaunt up to Georgetown and Waco last weekend.  Nothing quite like coming home.  Speaking of home, we had a pretty small crowd at church yesterday.  All local folks, too, which is kind of unusual for us.  The smaller group sure made for a more homey feel, though.  It also helped the newbies to the praise team get acclimated.  Bass player Cory was out of town, so middle-schooler Faith filled in for him and did a great job.  She’s a lot prettier than he is, too.  And brand new Seasider Michele dusted off our keyboard and added a whole new sound.  As worship leader Jimmy moves toward easing back on his responsibilities to focus on pre-med studies, God seems to be bringing in others to continue helping us all to worship.  Amazing how that works out. 

We were supposed to go to Jachin’s first Fall baseball league game in the evening.  Apparently League City was inundated with rain, however.  The game was canceled, so we spent the afternoon trying to take it easy.  Taking it easy was not as easy as I had hoped, though.  When the Sunday morning adrenalin began to wear off, I realized that my back and legs were killing me from all the lifting I did helping Jer load the U-Haul.  Just couldn’t get comfortable.  It did help that the Texans and Astros both won.

I saw on FaceBook that yesterday was another one of those Hallmark Holidays.  You know, the ones created by the Hallmark Card Company to guilt people into buying one of their cards to send.  This one was apparently National Grandparents Day.  Must have missed that one growing up.  We did get an unexpected phone call from Cailyn to wish us a happy day, so that made it nice.  Guess it shows whose Mommy and Daddy spent some time perusing FaceBook yesterday.  We’re just glad that our grandkids check in with us more than once a year. 

Ruth 1:16 says, “But Ruth replied, ‘Don't urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God.’”

Father, thank you for the home you have blessed me with, and the sons and daughters-in-law and grandchildren who have come out of it.  Can’t get much better than that.  Amen.

No comments: