Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29 – “Busy days ahead”

We had a great surprise Sunday morning when some really good friends of ours walked into church.  Mike and Olivia were on their way to a cruise ship, so they stopped in to worship with us and then hang out until time to board.  It was really good to see them and do some catching up. 

We also had quite the crowd at church.  I counted fifty-one folks, and quite a few of them were of the under-twelve variety.  Sure have been praying for God to raise up someone with a heart for children’s ministry.  The potential is there to touch a lot of little lives.  Speaking of raising up ministers, our keyboard player woke up sick Sunday morning.  She had all the music selected, but the only other worship team member there was the bass player.  He didn’t think it would sound quite right to lead worship with just a bass line going.  So that meant we were scrambling to find some Youtube videos of songs the folks might know and that were already saved on the church computer.  Our internet connection has been sketchy at best, so we can’t really trust it to be there when we need it.  Once I found enough songs, I could finally relax a bit and enjoy meeting all those folks who came to worship.  Everyone had a great attitude about singing along with the videos, too.  It’s great to be in a family that knows how to be flexible and understanding.

After we saw Mike and Olivia off, we headed up to League City to watch Jachin play a baseball game.  Well, I guess it is technically a game, since two teams are squaring off on the field and there are umpires.  But it is some kind of instructional league, so they don’t keep score.  And I haven’t really seen much instruction going on, either.  Hopefully Jachin loves the game enough to not be distracted by all that. 

I have a shortened week this week and lots to do in it.  I am officiating another out of town wedding on Friday night, with a rehearsal on Thursday.  So I have to get all my Sunday preparation done early.  Add to that the fire-fighting conference that I am praying the invocation for on Tuesday, and it promises to be a busy next few days.

Psalms 139:9-10 says, “If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.”

Father, thank you for promising to be there, no matter what my circumstances look like.  Amen.

No comments: