Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5 – “Living on the edge”

I spent most of the day yesterday trying to catch up on preparations for Home Group last night and the teachings for Sunday morning.  Looks like that will still be on my agenda today, although for some reason our grass grew like crazy while we were gone.  We must have gotten a lot of rain.  That means I’ll have to add mowing to the list as well, since I understand more rain is in the forecast for this weekend.  Ah, the never-ending chore of being a home owner.  Oh, and Chris mentioned that we need some groceries as well.  Can’t go more than a day or two without making a trip to WalMart.

I introduced Cailyn to tiddly winks yesterday.  She is actually pretty good at it, too.  We used the rug in the family room as our game area, and it worked out a lot better than trying to keep the winks on a table.  I’m gonna have to learn more of the finer nuances of the game so I can introduce it to some adults I know.  I do have to admit, though, that my favorite approach so far has been the wild, free-for-all, see-who-can-get-the-most-winks-in-the-hole-under-the-time-limit game that we made up in Waco.  Of course we didn’t even follow our own rules then.  Living on the edge … the tiddly winks edge.  What a life.

Deuteronomy 31:2 says, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Father, thank you so much for the relatively peaceful life you have surrounded me with.  Thanks more for the assurance that you are walking with me through it.  It’s a lot easier to talk about being strong and courageous – living on the edge - when you know you’re not alone.  Amen.

No comments: