Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11 – “on fishing and broken hearts”

Two in a row?  Not so much.  I joined Nathan for an unexpected hour of fishing on Tuesday.  Yep, that’s the day after my dream day.  We went out at Jamaica Beach.  He tossed his shark line out but didn’t come up with anything there.  Between us on our regular lines we caught one red, one nice speck and a pretty good handful of whiting, which is really not a bad day.  Best part of the whole thing, though, was getting to spend some time with my son.  Second best part will happen when we eat the fish.  They took the red.  I filleted out the rest and we’ll fry them up next time we have a family get-together.

I did want to include a quick Cailyn anecdote from yesterday.  We were on our way home from the library when she shared:

Cailyn: Someone broke my heart today.

Me: Who did that?

Cailyn (with just the hint of a shy grin): Justin

Me (thinking she didn’t really know what that meant): What does it mean to “break your heart”?

Cailyn: It means they hurt your feelings.

UmHmm.  She knows.  Daddy’s gonna have to have a talk with this Justin character.

Now just a quick note to remind everyone that in spite of the fact that it was not mentioned in the paper today, the Galveston Fire Department will lead a Patriot’s Day 9/11 memorial ceremony at the Sealy Pavilion at 9 a.m.  That’s the gazebo across from Rosenberg Library where the summer band concerts are held. 

Romans 15:13 says, “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”

Here’s the prayer found on a card in the pocket of a Franciscan friar killed in the collapse of the towers.  It’s called Mychal’s prayer:
                                          
Lord, take me where You want me to go.
Let me meet who You want me to meet.
Tell me what You want me to say and
Keep me out of Your way. 
 

No comments: