Saturday, January 14, 2012

January 14 – “An 84 year-old teenager”

 
 
Mom refused to go to Libbie's Place yesterday.  She has some kind of cold or something.  Gunky cough.  She slept all morning – literally.  She woke up at 2:55.  Of course when she woke up she seemed fine again.  About 4:30 she asked me, "How come y'all started pushing me to go to that place so early?  When do I have to be there?  I'm ready now."  I told her the time and explained that they were getting ready to close now.  It was already late afternoon.  She wanted to know what was happening to her, so I told her she was becoming a teenager.  That's the only thing I could think of that sleeps all day and stays up all night.  Except maybe a cat.  I shouldn't have put the idea into her head.  Last night we went to bed around 10:30.  She didn't.  I have no idea how late she stayed up.
 
Chris went to Houston to check on her Dad.  He was sitting up in the bed without the breathing tube.  He obviously recognized her when she walked in.  He reached for her hand and held it while he was awake.  She said he tried to talk to her, but the words didn't make much sense.  He squeezed her hand and held it up to his cheek several times, though.  They were going to do another MRI or cat scan to see what the status of the bleeding was.  Sounded like he has a long road of rehab ahead of him if everything else levels out.
 
I had a dream last night.  I don't remember any details, but for some reason I can remember that it was based on the same premise as that new TV show where the guy has built a new super computer for the government that watches every person in the world and predicts when someone might commit an act of terrorism.  He gets mad because it also predicts when someone might be the victim of an act of violence, but the government says that is as inconsequential, so he starts a vigilante campaign to protect the person whose number comes up.  Actually it's not a campaign so much as it is just him and some ex-CIA, special forces operative running around secretly saving people.  They have a crooked cop they have blackmailed into working with them and a lady cop who tries to arrest them.  I think the name of the show is Person of Interest.  Interesting take on 1984's Big Brother.  That would be the book 1984, not the year. 
 
Isaiah 51:6 says, "Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies.  But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail."
 
Father, please touch Mom where she needs you most.  And it would sure help us if you could get her days and nights straightened back out.  Amen.

No comments: