Friday, March 8, 2024

March 8 - “Chair jumping”


We had to switch some things around yesterday. Sam had an afternoon doc appointment, so that’s meant home group house cleaning … in the morning. Chris started in her usual routine. Toilets, bathrooms, and then sweeping every surface not carpeted or covered by a rug. And of course, mopping same said surfaces. I picked up the random stuff lying around and did the vacuuming. Yes, it did make my back a little sore, but we needed to get it all done before Chris had to leave. 


Last night we had a great group of folks for home group. We are studying the life of David, and they seem to be following pretty well. I may or may not have added a little theatrics to the study application. Something about piling stuff on the throne of your life in front of Jesus. Then putting yourself up on there as well. 


I started with a cross on my chair to show Jesus in my life. But he wasn’t alone. I added to my chair/throne family pictures and money and a credit card and a check stub. All symbols of things people put ahead of Jesus. And finally I jumped up in the chair, too, to show how we put ourselves and our rights and our desires ahead of Jesus. Of course I had to shove the other stuff off. Well, except for the cross. There had to be a whole separate sermon in there somewhere. 


Revelation‬ ‭4‬:‭11‬ ‭ says, Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to 

receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.


Father, thanks for the great time with the home group last night. Amen. 

No comments: