Saturday, March 16, 2024

March 16 - “Boogering up the Booger-villa Bush”


We had a big threat of rain yesterday in the morning. Even escalated into a chance for severe thunderstorms, which never did come to pass. At least not during the day. We decided not to chance a walk, though. Besides, Chris wanted to get some work done in the yard. So I joined her. Sort of. 


She got down and dirty in the flower beds. I just grabbed the clippers and attacked the evil booger-villa bush. It was in pretty bad shape since the freeze, so with Chris’ blessing I finally got to lop that thorn-laden thing way down. There was some fresh growth way down at the bottom, so it will make a comeback. 


Last night we were part of a bit of a surprise birthday celebration. We met the Allen’s for supper. First  time we have been to Tortugas since they moved to a new location. It was pretty good food. And we especially enjoyed the time with Dennis and Pedrameh. The staff even sang Happy Birthday to Dennis. Woohoo!


Our ride home was a bit dicey. A pretty severe thunderstorm was blowing. The rain was blowing sideways, and it was cold as well as wet. We made it home with no problems,though. 


Psalm‬ ‭143‬:‭8‬ says, Let me hear in the morning of your steadfast love, for in you I trust. Make me know the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.


Father, please watch over Dennis and  Pedrameh as they grow closer to each other and to you. Amen. 

No comments: