Thursday, March 14, 2024

March 14 - “Sing it again!”


Chris wasn’t feeling too good to start the day, so no big walk. I did do all of my stretching exercises, though. That’s gotta be worth something, right?


When Sam texted to let us know she was up and ready for breakfast, Chris grabbed her cereal and I followed her in with a resounding (if I do say so myself) chorus of “Happy Birthday to my much older sister! Happy Birthday to you!”  Sam loved the singing, of course. Well, either that or the Astros schedule we handed her so she would never be in the dark regarding the rapidly approaching season. Great way for her to start her actual birthday day. 


For lunch we stuck a candle in a brownie and sang “Happy Birthday” again. We only put one candle in there. We couldn’t fit any more than that. She is, after all, much older than me. At the table I gave her a schedule for the rest of the Spring training games. The ones being televised were marked with yellow markers. Go Astros!


In the afternoon we had a few errands to run, even though it meant venturing into our Spring Breaker-infested fair city. Fortunately, we just had to get one prescription for Chris at Randall’s. While there we filled up the car with gas. Then we stopped at Walmart to get Sam a prescription and me some bananas. Yum. 


Last night we finished out Sam’s birthday day by taking her to dinner at Shrimp n Stuff Downtown. She had a big bowl of some kind of creamy, shrimpy goodness. Chris had grilled shrimp tacos. I had popcorn shrimp. All were full and happy when we left, with at least one more dinner’s worth of leftovers. Not that we didn’t like it. They just pile on the grub. Thats some good stuff. 


Before we left we gave Sam some Astros pins to adorn whatever outfit she happened to be wearing on game day. And, yes, I sang to her again. She heard my melodious tune three or four times throughout the day.  And she even asked for it again at bedtime. I stuck to abbreviated version that time. 


Happy birthday, Sam. 


John‬ ‭14‬:‭6‬ says, Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.“


Father, thank you again for the chance to be Sam’s adopted baby brother. Gotta love that lady. Amen. 

No comments: