Tuesday, October 31, 2023

October 31 - “Fire”


After joining Chris on the first part of her morning walk (In the bitter cold, I might add!), I spent much of the morning working. Not the manual labor kind, though. I put together the Bible Study for home group. I also did some birthday cards. Then we had to check over some emails from our lawyer about the wills and powers we entrusted to him. That led us right into lunch. Good morning’s work. It’s been a while. 


Walmart again yesterday. We grabbed the ingredients needed to make some cauliflower soup that Sam really likes. I’ve it, too. Believe it or not … pretty good stuff. 


After Walmart we zipped over to Randall’s. Nope. Not a prescription this time. They made an offer we couldn’t refuse. Blue Bell ice cream at $5.49 a gallon. That’s almost half off their regular price. Pretty good deal, especially with kids coming over all the time. 


While we were in the parking lot I talked for a while with our friend from Arlington, Mike. He was just checking in with us to see how we were doing. Always great to hear from old friends. 


On the way home we heard that there was a fire at the Denny’s on the Seawall. Sure enough, it was a fully engulfed fire. I45 Now news crews reported that low water pressure really caused some problems for the fire fighters. I’m sure the high winds didn’t help either. As usual, though our GFD crews did everything they could under some tough conditions. I’m proud of those guys. 


Isaiah‬ ‭40‬:‭28‬ ‭says, Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.


Father, please give the firefighters who worked that fire some good rest. They deserve it. Amen. 

No comments: