Tuesday, October 24, 2023

October 24 - “The Back Steroid Experience”


Chris got back into her full workout day yesterday. She walked, then did the stairs, and then added some weights. That girl is amazing. I had a phone call to make to the guy who striped the church parking lot this past weekend. I officiated at Joe and Vicki’s wedding years ago, so it’s always a treat to get to chat with them. He directed me to their website so I could leave a review of the great striping job they did. Five stars. Give ‘em a call if you can use their services:  http://www.joelindseyservices.com


My appointment for my big steroid shot in the back was set for around one. Not sure when they anticipated it to actually happen, but that’s when they wanted me to show up. I dug out my awesome black t-shirt that had two skeletons on it. One is handing the other a backbone and is saying, “I’ve got your back.”  It was a big hit with the nurses after my surgery. One of the nurses this time noticed it and chuckled. Hope I helped make her day. 


The doc was pleased with the injection. It didn’t feel the same to me as it did last time, though. This time I could feel it all the way to my tailbone and even partway around the opposite side. Last time I just felt it traveling the exact track of the nerve that was aggravated. He said it was very common for the shots to feel differently from one to the next. I just hope it does the same job it did last time. I should be able to tell in a week or so. In the meantime, I’m in for a couple of days of my back’s creative approaches to pain. 


Matthew‬ ‭6‬:‭10‬ says, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.


Father, please expedite this whole back steroid experience. Amen. 

No comments: