Wednesday, October 25, 2023

October 25 - “Ah … the aftermath”


Ah … the aftermath. Post-back shot. What to expect? When to expect it?


Well, here goes. We went into Texas to get the infamous steroid shot in the back. I had one about three months ago, and it actually helped quite a bit. But … it only lasted about three months. Apparently that’s par for the course. The doc also told us that the next step is to install a battery pack that will live under my skin, attached to some electrodes that are in turn attached to my spinal nerves. The battery fires regular pulses of electricity into the nerves to keep them from getting too aggravated. Oh, and I’d have to switch it off when I drive. Not sure I want to know why. Can’t wait. 


So … how did it go? Well, as I said yesterday, I’ll probably have to wait a week or so before making any final determinations. As far as sleeping goes, the issue was more discomfort rather than out and out pain. And the pain that does show up seems to be intermittent instead of constant, so I guess that’s good. Now? Waiting for the “week or so” to pass … again. 


Meanwhile, I cracked open a new puzzle. It’s yet another one in the National Parks theme that we have going on. I don’t think it will be too difficult. Words and pictures abound.


Joel‬ ‭2‬:‭12‬ says, “Even now,” declares the Lord, “return to me with all your heart, with fasting and weeping and mourning.”


Father, please give me a dose of your patience as I wait out this steroid injection to take full effect. Amen. 

No comments: