Thursday, October 19, 2023

October 19 - “Ears and trucks and ER stuff”


Our day started out relatively calm. I had an appointment with the audiologist. Well, it was not for me, exactly. It was for my hearing aids. The resident gave them a good cleaning and made sure the adjustments were all correct. Then she took my right one and will send it off to the manufacturer. She expects that they will just send back a brand new one. Then we’ll repeat the process with the left one before the warranty expires in April. In the meantime time, speak to my left ear. 


Our plan for the afternoon was for me to visit Dale and then some fire stations. Chris was taking Sam to the emergency room in Clear Lake to have them check out her ankle. Didn’t work out that way … exactly. 


For my part … the truck wouldn’t start … again. Dead as a doornail … again. I’m pretty sure it’s about time to let the old girl go. Anyone know if a trustworthy truck for a second vehicle … cheap? 


Chris’ plans did come to fruition. Well, except for the unexpected “extras.”  Looks like Sam is finally ready to move in with us. They loaded lots of extra clothes into the car to bring them over. Then they went on to the ER. 


The ER visit turned into an all-day affair. No ankle break showed up on the x-rays, though. They wanted to admit her to help get the pain under control, but she wanted to talk to her regular doctor first. She has an appointment with him today that Chris is going to with her. We’ll see what he says. 


They stopped at Olive Garden on their way home. That was a good move for me for sure. I really like their lasagna. Manicotti, too, but they didn’t have that one. It was good. 


‭‭1 Chronicles‬ ‭16‬:‭11‬ ‭says, Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always.


Father, please be with Sam as she figures out the craziness that is involved in living at our house. Amen. 

No comments: