Sunday, October 15, 2023

October 15 - “Hug your checker”


I cranked up the old wheels and hit the walking trail with Chris again. It was really tough on my back, but I did the whole two miles. I just don’t understand how I could handle all the hiking we did, but now have so much trouble on these neighborhood walks. Of course back there we did stop every so often to let Chris’ heart catch up with her respiratory functions. Maybe that was just enough to let my back issues reset. Who knows. Nine days to Shot Day. 


Yesterday afternoon we made a Walmart run. We needed bananas above all. We also had to get a gift for a baby shower taking place at church today. And Chris picked up a baked chicken to make something tasty for dinner on the grounds at church. 


We made it a point to choose which checkout counter to go to. Why? So we could see our newest friend, Pedrameh. It was her first day after transferring from her store up north. I told her in Galveston it had been determined that it was officially OK to hug your checker. She said to be careful. If we did that she would anticipate it every time we came in. Deal. 


Psalms‬ ‭19‬:‭1 says, The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.

‭‭

Father, please help Pedrameh as she gets into the swing of things at her new work location. Amen. 

No comments: