Tuesday, May 31, 2022

May 31 – “Just a big softy”

I got our flag put out early yesterday.  Memorial Day.  I also got some birthday cards addressed.  Of course, there was no mail service because of the holiday.  Well, except for the poor guy who had to deliver packages.  Our neighbors received one first thing in the morning. 

 

Later I went on a two and a half mile walk with Chris.  She was being kind to me.  My hip starts really bothering me about the two-mile marker.  I think I could make the full three miles, but it would definitely be more painful.  While we were plodding along, she asked me what I had on my agenda for the day.  I replied, “Walking with you this morning was my only given.”  I know.  Just a big softy at heart.  And at gut.  And pretty much everywhere else.  After all, that’s why we are walking.

 

We spent the rest of the holiday at home.  It’s what you do when you are a local in a beach tourist town on a holiday weekend.  It was a quiet day on the Vaughan front all the way around.  For instance, one of my personal highlights came when I sent out a few Dad joke texts to our family group chat.  That led to a brief text encounter with Cailyn.  Pretty sure she was bored.  Meanwhile, I also worked some on the new Bryce Canyon puzzle.  It’s a tough one.  Chris spent the bulk of the day washing clothes and reading.  She’s back to the Harry Potter series again.  Finally, the Astros game came on.  Two massive homers by Alvarez and another by Altuve led the good guys to a 5-1 win. 

 

Today we are heading to Arlington for the funeral of a really good man, Bob Bryant.  Visitation is tonight and the funeral is tomorrow morning.  We’ll head home after the funeral. 

 

Proverbs 13:6 says, “Righteousness guards the person of integrity, but wickedness overthrows the sinner.”

 

Father, please be with Bob’s family as they finalize details for the funeral and burial.  Amen.

No comments: