Sunday, May 29, 2022

May 29 – “A decision of convenience”

Outside work again.  I’m beginning to recall my days back in seminary when I did yard work to bring in a little extra money.  Not the usual kind – like mowing the grass.  Nope.  My job back then was clearing way-overgrown flowerbeds and attempting to dodge yellowjackets.  Unfortunately, the yellowjackets won.  I discovered I was allergic to their sting when I was nailed on a finger and my arm swelled up to the elbow.  We asked some friends to pray while I headed to the doctor, and the swelling stopped right where it was.  Pretty amazing.  The doc told me that if I ever got stung by a yellowjacket again, I was to take Benadryl and head straight to the emergency room.  Scary stuff.

 

But enough of that.  I mowed and edged the grass.  And trimmed some trees and bushes (under Chris’ close supervision, of course).  By the way … it’s hot out there, folks.

 

Speaking of hot, Chris finished another of her projects.  Well, I did help right at the end.  She sewed a new canvas canopy for our backyard swing.  Pretty amazing, that woman.  The canopy that came with the swing tore up when it got ice on it during the last ice wave that came through Galveston, whenever that was.  Seriously, Chris did a fabulous job.  Come check it out sometime.

 

I started another jigsaw puzzle.  This one is a panoramic view of Bryce Canyon.  Brings back memories of a really hard hike we took.  Strange shape, this one.  39 inches long and 14 inches wide.  I’m taking a different approach to this one.  Working from the top down.  Actually, that’s probably because I haven’t found all the outer edge pieces yet.  A decision of convenience. 

 

Oh, and I bailed early on the Astros last night.  Those west coast games are too late for me, especially when the Astros forgot to pack their bats …

 

Psalms 20:7 says, “Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God.”

 

Father, thank you for Chris’ amazing creativity and for the sewing skill she has developed.  I’m sure proud of her.  Amen.

 

No comments: