Wednesday, May 4, 2022

May 4 – “Pelican’s Snoballs”

I forgot to mention that Jachin did get to warm up in the bullpen the other day.  He didn’t get into the game though.  Trials of a left-handed relief pitcher.

 

The big game yesterday was a really tough draw.  They had to play the St. Louis Patriots.  That’s the team that won it all last year, and most of their championship squad was returning.  Needless to say, the bad guys won this one.  But we held them scoreless for four innings.  Final score was 8-1.  Jachin did get in the game this time to pitch to a few batters, as his coach struggled to match up batter by batter with our relief squad.  Of the two Jachin faced, one hit a weak popup and one worked a tough walk.  All in all, though, our guys put in a pretty good showing against the defending champs.

 

On the way home we stopped at a local establishment for some refreshments.  So did pretty much the whole team.  The place had a great name.  Pelican’s Snoballs.  Many-flavored snocones.  I had a cherry lemon-lime.  Closest I could find to a cherry limeade slush.  Chris had a lemonade.  Straight.  We also got to meet and get to know one of the other families.  They offered us a seat at their table.  Sometimes it pays to be the resident Nana and DadDad. 

 

Back at home, the younger kids hopped into the pool to cool off.  We played some crazy games on the pool floats.  Er … I mean … THEY played some crazy games.  OK.  OK.  I may or may not have been one of said “younger ones.”  Is it my fault one of the games was called Loch Ness DadDad?  I eased my way out about the time some of Noa’s friends showed up.  I snuck upstairs and took a warm shower (Did I mention the pool is not heated?).  That’s the first time I have been the first one in for a shower.  (Pat me on the back here).

 

The older guys were watching a baseball game on TV when I came back downstairs.  Yankees, of course.  Doesn’t matter where you are, you can probably find a Yankees game on TV.  I settled in and joined the anti-Yankees cheering.  I also found the Astros game to follow on my phone app.  Now that was a good game.  Yordan and Altuve both hit home runs to lead the Astros to a 4-0 victory. 

 

Psalms 37:4 says, “Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.”

 

Father, thank you for the community building snocone time yesterday.  and thanks for the plain old fun of splashing around in the swimming pool with the other kids.  Amen.

No comments: