Wednesday, May 18, 2022

May 18 – “But no …”

I went fishing.  I suppose you could say the day was less than successful, though.  I caught a few croakers that I then used for cut bait.  I caught one small black drum.  Tossed him back.  The two sand trout that I kept provided us with a nice, pan-fried-in-olive-oil lunch.  Good stuff.  I might have done better if I had had some decent sized bait.  I picked up some live shrimp (the cost has gone out the roof, by the way).  There were two gigantors, a few that were decent size, and the rest were maybe an inch or two long.  Just babies.  Both trout, by the way, bit on cut bait.  Oh, I did make two other catches that I failed to mention.  Trying to forget them, I guess.  One trash hardhead catfish.  And one small crab.  They both found their way back into the water. 

 

Back home, I got a call from the alarm company at church.  They were on site to replace the alarm panel.  The outside door was open, but they couldn’t get into the office area where the panel is located.  Kel was off-island at a meeting, so I went up there to let them in.  On my way I got a phone call from Cathy, teasing me about coming out of retirement.  Hey, it worked for Tom Brady.  But no …

 

Once I got the guy all situated and made my way back home, we left for Home Depot.  Chris has the gardening bug again.  This trip was all about grabbing some azaleas for our front yard and some other plants for hanging baskets in the back.  Oh, and when we got there, I found out she had another project bouncing around in her head.  For that one we bought some of that Rustoleum paint used to cover outdoor metal furniture.  The table and chairs on our deck are once again in dire need.

 

Finally, we ended the night watching the Astros.  Way different experience from their loss the night before.  The Astros hit five home runs in one inning.  Then they added a grand slam later in the game.  Final score was 13-4.  Wow.

 

2 Corinthians 7:10 says, “Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.”

 

Father, thank you for the chance to go fishing again.  I missed it.  Amen.

No comments: