Wednesday, May 25, 2022

May 25 – “Congrats, Matt”

Yesterday was haircut day, at least for me.  I was ready.  Hate it when those little pieces of hair get long enough to make my ears itch. 

 

Before I even left the house, though, there came word through the airwaves via good ol’ Alexa that we were under a severe thunderstorm alert.  More rain a’comin’.  Good.  We have been needing it for a long time, and this is way better than waiting for a hurricane.

 

I started a new puzzle.  This one is in the shape of a circle.  It is an old town park scene set in about 1880.  750 pieces, so not too hard.  And the best part about it?  I had to dismantle the Yankees one I finished.  Glad to get them off the table.

 

Last night we went to the graduation ceremony for Galveston AIM High School.  Best graduation ever.  25 graduates.  March in.  Introductions.  Five-minute speech by the school district superintendent. Hand out diplomas.  March out.  The whole thing took around thirty minutes.  And the best part?  Our good friend Matt Landry was one of those graduates.  Congrats, Matthew.  We are proud of you.  And we love you.  Proud of you, too, Mama Teri.  You made it through a lot to get this far.

 

Matthew 18:3-5 says, “And he said, ‘Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.  Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.  And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.”

 

Father, please be with Matt as he continues working hard to complete his welding certifications and get his Associates degree.  Amen.

No comments: