Thursday, May 19, 2022

May 19 – “Doctor’s office reunion”

I talked Chris out of taking a walk yesterday.  It wasn’t that I was adamantly against taking a walk.  It’s just that I didn’t want to walk two miles and then spend a few hours doing yard work.  One or the other would be fine.  Not so much both.  So how did I do it?  Actually, it wasn’t that hard.  I just suggested we go back to Home Depot right then and complete the purchase of two more azalea SHRUBBERIES (See what I did there?  Movie reference.  An homage to Monty Python and the Holy Grail).  She agreed to the plan.  Then we had to plant them all (seven total).  Then we washed the car.  It had accumulated all sorts of love bug guts and bird poop on our last trip.

 

Finally, we grabbed some lunch.  I worked on the new jigsaw puzzle It is in eth shape of home plate and honors the Yankees.  The grandkids wanted to know if I planned to burn it.  I suggested maybe a dart board instead.  But I completed it last night, and I have a new idea.  The image of Aaron Judge is actually missing a piece (Not sure how that could be.  I was the first one to open the interior bag of puzzle pieces).  But the piece is a part of his shoulder.  Maybe if we just leave it, it will somehow affect his swing and cut down on those massive home runs he hits – at least against the Astros.  Instead of a voodoo doll we have a voodoo puzzle.  No?  Guess you’re right.  Besides, the puzzle is borrowed from a friend.  Big Astros fans.  Maybe they won’t mind the dart board idea …

 

I had a doctor’s appointment in the afternoon.  Just a recheck on the medication change he made last time I saw him.  While waiting, who should walk in but some Seaside old-timers (Not old … just from a long time ago).  Camille and Paulette.  Big hugs followed, and we chatted briefly.  I got called back quicker than I ever have, though, so our catching up was short.  Or so I thought.  When I came out, Paulette was back with her doctor, but Camille was still there.  And who should be sitting across from her but yet another Seaside old-time (same restriction as above, of course).  Cathy.  I gave her a hug, and as I went to sit down, a gentleman across the room waved at me.  It was Jab, one of the retired fire fighters.  There were two other folks in the waiting room who I didn’t know, but why should that remain the case?  I approached both of them and introduced myself.  That was better.  Now we were one big happy family.  Paulette came out shortly thereafter, and we all sat there enjoying catching up with each other’s kids and grandkids.  Hey … I usually do that in WalMart, and I gotta admit, just chatting in the doctor’s office waiting room was a little weird, but since when do I shy away from “a little weird”?

 

Revelation 4:11 says, “You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being.”

 

Father, thank you for renewed friendships, new acquaintances, and doctor’s offices.  Amen.

No comments: