Friday, May 20, 2022

May 20 – “Accomplishments and surprises”

We walked.  Chris has us up to two and a half miles now.  And we were finished not long after 8:00.  Earliest ever.  It made for what seemed like a really long morning.  Good thing, too.  As it turned out, I needed the extra time.

 

I finally got started on copying over the pictures from our camera and phones onto the computer.  From there Chris will go through them and decide which ones to keep (no doubt, all of them).  It took literally hours.  What I thought was the computer copying all the photos, ended up being said computer apparently looking at every photo, then slapping a file folder icon down on the screen.  None of the guts.  I had to go back and transfer each picture to its corresponding file icon.  I guess the next step is to get the pictures individually placed with their counterparts in our massive photos file.  Once that is done, we can back them all up to our external hard drive.  I know.  I’m a dinosaur.  And yes, I am pretty sure everything is backed up to the Cloud.  But honestly, I have no idea where in the cloud that might be, much less how to access it.  So, we’ll stick to playing with them on the laptop. 

 

We also needed to put some of the photos onto a flash drive for Christina.  Noa’s birthday, Jachin’s graduation, and his graduation party.  Oh, and the Florida trip.  That one will have to wait, though.  It didn’t fit.  She’ll have to get them later.  The graduations and birthdays have been delivered.  Christina and the kids all came by after their regular trip to the Galveston library.  Oh, and the also brought back our lawn mower.  I can mow again.  Yay.

 

The missing piece to the jigsaw puzzle that I mentioned earlier suddenly showed up.  I have no idea where it had been hiding.  I was working in my office at my desk.  I went to the kitchen for a swig of water.  When I returned, I noticed a small, out of place particle near the leg of my chair.  Sure enough, there was the rest of Aaron Judge’s shoulder.  Guess his season prospects are intact after all.  Oh, and later in the morning Chris found a tiny little toy husky dog figure.  Also in the office.  Also in perfect condition.  Also seemed to show up out of nowhere.  I asked Freddy if she had anything to do with the mystery, but she refused to comment.  Hmm.  The game’s afoot, Watson.

 

Philippians 4:19 says, “And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.”

 

Father, thank you for this hodgepodge of in-the-grand-scheme tiny accomplishments and surprises.  They help make life exciting.  Amen.

No comments: