Saturday, February 6, 2021

February 6 – “Speaking of thanks …”

Chris was back at it yesterday.  Rehab number three of thirty-six.  Almost finished, right?  She decided maybe she shouldn’t have mentioned things were a little easy last time.  They caused her treadmill to creep up to an incline.  They put some pressure eon the seated elliptical (or whatever that monstrosity is called).  They added a weight training segment for upper body strength.  She is really getting a full-scale workout now.  About the only thing left for them, to do is increase the drag on her stationary bike.  Maybe next week …

 

I made my two-mile walk.  On the second mile I joined up with one of my neighbors for a few houses.  Had to slow down considerably to stay with him.  Out of the blue he asked me how old I was.  When I told him, he chuckled and said, “Oh, well, you’re just a youngster.”  He told me he was finding it hard to believe that he was 79 years old and would be 80 in December.  I admired his longevity, but he added, “Yep.  My Mom died when she was 100 years and six months.  My Dad was a lot younger when he died, though.  He was only 98.”  I told him he had a long way to go, then, and he was doing a great job getting there.  Maybe that’ll be me in a few years. 

 

We finished another puzzle.  Gotta give a shout-out to our home group folks on this one.  Mark is the one who loaned it to us.  And Thursday night Lauren made some serious headway.  Sam has added some pieces over the weeks to other puzzles, too.  Thanks for your help, guys. 

 

Speaking of thanks … last night we were invited to dinner with Nathan and April and Cailyn.  They had a big ol’ pot of chicken and dumplings going.  Hard to turn that down.  I asked which one of their chickens we were eating.  I don’t think Cailyn was amused.  Guess it was one she and April hadn’t had the opportunity to name as yet.  It sure tasted good. Though.  So … thanks to you guys as well. 

 

Isaiah 41:10 says, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

 

Father, I can’t go around thanking people without thanking you, too.  Thank you for being the founder of the feast and the creator of the Church.  Amen.

No comments: