Tuesday, February 23, 2021

February 23 – “Back at Monday”

Chris was back at it hard and heavy at cardiac rehab.  Well, maybe not that hard and heavy.  At least they didn’t increase resistance on any of the machines since they had to take a week off for Winter Storm Megan.  I got back out while she was gone and made my two mile walk again.  And last night I felt it.  Mainly in that structurally significant portion of the legs just above the knee.  Didn’t throb or anything.  Just barked a bit when I first stood up from a sitting position. 

 

The rest of the day I spent either at my computer doing work for church or at the puzzle table struggling over Charlie Brown and Snoopy, our latest challenge.  It’s coming along.  We completed it in stages.  First was the edges, of course.  Then Charlie’s yellow shirt.  Then the grass.  Then his head.  Then his feet (Chris picked out the colors so I would know which ones went where).  Then Snoopy.  Then the sky.  I think we are finally down to Snoopy’s red doghouse.  The problem there is the colors all look the same.  That means we have to place pieces either by shapes alone or by the wee tiny little scenes that are going on in each individual piece.  Either way … a challenge. 

 

I read something this morning that was really profound.  What do you think?  It’s from My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers:

 

If we are devoted to the cause of humanity, we shall soon be crushed and broken-hearted, for we shall often meet with more ingratitude from men than we would from a dog; but if our motive is love to God, no ingratitude can hinder us from serving our fellow men.

 

Proverbs 21:3 says, “To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.”

 

Father, please help us find ways to help people, not because they need it, but because we love you.  Amen.

No comments: