Thursday, February 4, 2021

February 4 – “Neighborhood Food Mobile??”

It was back to the old grind for Chris yesterday.  She returned for her second full day of cardiac rehab.  I think she is going to nail this whole therapy thing.  She is already making comments like, “The stationary bike is so easy.  There is no tension on it at all.”  And, she had to remind the nurse about what the settings should be on the treadmill.  Sounds like she’s been doing that treadmill thing her whole life.  Guess she’s conquered that particular fear.  Of course they are planning to institute some tension on that bicycle, and no doubt a little more speed on the treadmill when she returns on Friday.  Hang on for an upcoming wild ride, Chris.

 

I got word from an old Seasider, Kelly Boyer the other day.  She now works full-time at the Galveston Food Bank.  She was asking if Seaside could host one of their new events for getting food to neighborhoods where people really need it.  Absolutely.  So … on Monday, February 8th, from 7:30-8 a.m. (yep, just those 30 minutes), Seaside will have a Neighborhood Food Mobile truck in our parking lot. 

 

I have to confess something here.  It wasn’t until I started typing that I got the intended meaning here.  I was thinking reasonable things like, “Well, I sure hope the truck is mobile.”  And not-so-reasonable things like, “What’s the difference between mobile foods and stationary foods?”  Or “As cute as it sounds, why would the food bank have one of those hang-y down things for putting over a baby bed?”  It just struck me that a hyphen would have been helpful.  Or maybe just leaving out a space.  How about “Neighborhood Food-mobile”?  Or even Foodmobile?  That would help old literalists like me.  Anyway, if you or anyone you know has a need, come on by and pick up “an easy to carry box of refrigerated foods.” 

 

Did I ever mention that we finished our National Parks jigsaw puzzle?  I think I did.  Chris is making plans as to which ones we now absolutely have to visit.  I sure wish these places would go ahead and open up for hikes and stuff.  After all, hikes do generally take place outside.  And the dreaded Covid doesn’t generally enjoy the great outdoors. 

 

John 3:21 says, “But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his works have been carried out in God.”

 

Father, please use the food bank give-away to meet some needs.  And bless Kelly and her efforts there.  Amen.

No comments: