Friday, February 26, 2021

February 26 – “Snippets”

Let me start off with a quick well-wish.  This one is to our oldest son, Kel.  Pretty simple wish.  Happy birthday.  No idea how old you are (you’ll have to ask your mother), but at least I got the day right (I did, didn’t I?).

 

I had a big event myself yesterday.  I got a haircut.  Those little tiny flares of hairdom were driving my ears nuts again, so it was off to Suzann to get them systematically sheared.  Always a welcome occasion …

 

I also made a WalMart run.  We needed some fruit.  Especially bananas.  Gotta keep my immunity to leg cramps up, you know.  All this walking could cause things to go south badly.  We also needed Cheetos.  That counts as fruit, right?

 

Speaking of walking, I thought about it yesterday.  I was even a bit inspired when I saw Janell return from her walk.  But it was raining intermittently and nasty-ing consistently.  I kind of missed the window between rain and just nasty.  Besides, it was time for a day off. 

 

Oh, I forgot to mention that we finally finished our latest puzzle.  This was the Charlie Brown and Snoopy one.  That red doghouse was quite the challenge.  But Chris placed the last five or six pieces in and took the ceremonial photo.  On to the next one.  I think we’re gonna drop down and do one with just 500 pieces next.  You know … take a break.

 

2 Thessalonians 3:3 says, “But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.”

 

Father, bless Kel today.  Give him a great birthday experience with his family.  They are always pretty creative about such things.  Amen.

No comments: