Monday, February 1, 2021

February 1 – “… with apologies to Salvadore Dali”

I received a great gift Sunday morning.  By way of explanation, every Sunday morning I share what have become fondly known as “Visual Verses.”  They are my own rebus-like attempt to make learning Scripture fun … not to mention it is the only way I have found for me to memorize things.  It sure got me through college and seminary.  Now AI have never claimed to have any Van Gough-esque qualities in my drawings.  Maybe a little closer to Salvadore Dali, with apologies to Salvadore Dali.  But the point of a Visual Verse is to make the images so, well … weird, that they are easy to remember.  As I said … my weird drawings have served me well over the years. 

 

So on Sunday morning, what to my wondering eyes should appear?  There, sitting on the podium for me, was a book entitled, “Learn to Draw Mythical Characters and More.”  We’re talking unicorns and dragons and ogres and fairy princesses.  It is a simply amazing array of opportunities to fine tune my inherent artistic abilities.  I love it.  Of course … don’t hold your breath for any forthcoming pictorial improvements.  Old dog … new tricks, if you know what I mean. 

 

1 Peter 4:102 says, “Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.”

 

Father, thank you for my artistic benefactor.  And thank you for the fun we have at church learning your word.  Amen.

No comments: