Wednesday, February 3, 2021

February 3 – “Shadows in the snow?”

Yesterday was Groundhog Day.  I understand up in Pennsylvania the groundhog saw his shadow and they are destined for six more weeks of winter.  Actually, I’m not sure how that was possible.  We have some good friends who live in Pennsylvania, and they assured us that the entire state is blanketed in a massive snowstorm right now.  We never saw shadows while it was snowing when we lived in Colorado.  And from the article I just read in the paper, the whole ceremony was done virtually anyway.  If he saw a shadow, it must have been from the cameras they had set up or something.  Now as far as Galveston is concerned, I did see one post that read, “The palm tree saw its shadow.  52 more weeks of summer.”  That’s more like it.  Of course, we do have to put up with a few days where it touches the high 40’s around here.  Those days are miserably cold.  I mean shivering under your winter coat cold.  We here on our little tropical island are clamoring for some warm weather.  Bring on the sun …

 

I celebrated the holiday by spending the morning working at my computer.  Thank goodness we had another jigsaw puzzle to begin.  For some strange reason working on those things is serving as a great break for when I have to get up and walk around.  Kind of relaxes me.  Sometimes hard on my back, but that’s just me.

 

Speaking of walking around … we walked a mile after lunch.  And Freddy even came with us.  She hasn’t joined us in a while, because we have been trying to increase our pace.  I have to say, though, that both girls did really well.  

 

Speaking of my girls, Chris has her second cardiac rehab appointment this morning at 8.  She was up and at ‘em a little before 7, too.  Maybe the early rising is growing on her …naw.

 

In Matthew 25:13 Jesus says, “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour.”

 

Father, please be with Chris at her rehab this morning.  Help her to once again conquer that treadmill.  Oh, and please help us to keep watch for you at least as fervently as we watch for that rodent to show himself.  Amen.

No comments: