Wednesday, February 10, 2021

February 10 – “Hair trauma??”

I had a chance to try out my new hospital “Visiting Minister’s” badge yesterday.  One of our Seasiders was in for a heart cath of all things.  Been there lately, that’s for sure.  Fortunately, our very own Nurse Teri was on duty, so she took care of them for us.  I didn’t have any trouble getting in, either.  Guess the whole badge thing did work.

 

When I got home, we had some lunch and started our afternoon plan.  Chris had a haircut appointment.  She got yelled at a little bit.  Apparently she has experienced some kind of trauma or psychological worry lately.  It is causing her hair to thin out.  Can’t imagine what could have been so disconcerting in her life recently, can you?  You would think she had a heart attack.  Or maybe she had a stint put in.  Or maybe two stints.  In two separate procedures.  Or maybe her husband had back surgery or something.  Worry?  Nah.  Not Chris.  My theory is that she’s just shedding a little for the summer.  It does get hot around here.  The haircut looks nice, though.

 

I did manage to get in my two miles of walking.  Chris did most of a mile but had to cut hers short so she could get to the haircut.  She got a text about 45 minutes before her appointment time that said she could come any time.  She veered off shortly after that.  Speaking of walks, Chris is at her cardiac rehab, so I guess I better get going on my walk for today.  Can’t let her get too far ahead of me …

 

Matthew 18:20 says, “For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”

 

Father, please be with Tom and Jean as they walk through this heart issue.  Grant them your peace that passes all understanding.  Amen.

No comments: