Tuesday, February 2, 2021

February 2 – “Welcoming Roman … and Phil … and Sammy …”

I have no idea whether Punxatawny Phil the groundhog saw his shadow up in Pennsylvania, but I do know that Sammy Seagull is basking in the 50 degree sunshine down here in our tropical island paradise.  Of course Sammy is wearing five layers of feathers and I’m pretty sure he borrowed a few more from his buddy Pedro Pelican.  It’s freezing down here.  Pretty.  Sunshiney.  But freezing cold.  Fifty degrees.  Brrrr.

 

Speaking of cold, it was just as blustery yesterday.  And the cold weather brought a new life into the world.  We welcome into the realm of muggles a powerful warrior, “God is my strength” (or maybe a retired Los Angeles Rams quarterback) … young Roman Gabriel Anderson, son of Cory and Sara made his presence known.  Actually, he let them know he wanted out early in the morning.  I got a text at 5:28 a.m. to let us know they were at the hospital.  But the youngster made them wait a while longer, just to make sure he was in the right place and all.  Had to make it to the Island, you know.  Now he’s officially a BOI (Born On Islander).  Good sized kid, too.  Seven pounds, ten ounces.  Dad has some basketball and baseball drills all lined up for him.  I heard Mom Has already put the nix on football. 

 

Speaking of Moms, Chris had her first “official” day of cardiac rehab yesterday.  I went for a walk in the cold while she was gone.  Sounded like she had a pretty good day.  Stationary bicycle, stair stepper, arm strengthener.  But before attacking any of those, she was determined to conquer the dreaded … treadmill.   Why was it such an issue for her?  Well, there was this tiny detail … the last time she stepped on one of them was when she had a heart attack and ended up having two stints.  So I, for one, was really proud of her for going after that one first.  Sounds like she mastered it in no time, too.  She was pretty sore last night.  They promised her it was going to get tougher. 

 

I actually spent most of my day on work stuff.  It was Monday, after all.  Wasn’t it?  Pandemic days of the week are somehow different from regular ones, aren’t they?  Oh, we did have to go pick up Cailyn and Alexis from school.  Always fun to experience the ride home from school with two twelve-year-olds.  Junior high is awesome. 

 

Galatians 2:20 says, “I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”

 

Father, please be with young Roman and his Mom and Dad as they get to know each other.  Keep them all healthy as they work together to help him grow close to you.  Amen.

No comments: