Wednesday, September 9, 2020

September 9 – “The Visitation”

I had a follow-up appointment yesterday with the nurse practitioner.  Why a nurse practitioner, you might ask?  I discovered when I called to make the appointment that my regular doctor has officially retired.  Great.  Now I have to find one of those youngsters that I don’t mind working with.

 

The nurse told me that the CT scan showed an anterior wedge compression deformity.  Something about two vertebrae collapsing on each other at the T12-L1 area.  Sounded a lot like what they told Chris.  She said it means there is definite nerve involvement.  It also explains the symptoms.  Sort of.  She immediately referred me to a neurosurgeon.  Now I wait for them to call with an appointment time.  Oh, and in the meantime I’m supposed to keep taking the meds from the ER visit.  Whew.  Hard to keep up.

 

We also went for a walk.  Around WalMart, of course.  We just needed some groceries.  And of course we got stuck with one of “those” carts.  It kept listing to the right.  I got a workout for sure. 

 

My symptoms right now:  My right side is still numb.  There is intermittent pain in my abdomen and back on the outskirts of the numbness.  And there seems to be swelling on my right side.  That one is hard to tell.  I know.  That’s just weird. 


Last night we were visited by no less than six hummingbirds around our feeder.  A lot of racket and fighting for position.  Chris said one of them must be a female.  Ah … always a troublemaker in the bunch …

 

Psalms 139:23-24 says, “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.”

 

Father, thank you for the hummingbird visitation.  It was a pleasant diversion.  Amen.

No comments: