Wednesday, September 16, 2020

September 16 – “Why not ‘woncracky’?”

 Yesterday was a fairly quiet day.  By design, I suppose.  I have to admit that with all the “I’m so worried’s” from my family doctor, until I hear otherwise from the neurosurgeon, I am trying to be extra careful with what I do … or don’t do.  So I stayed inside and quiet.  Not exactly my nature, I know. 

 

Meanwhile Chris had her doctor’s appointment to check on her blood pressure issues.  Not that she has had anything extra to worry about that might have caused it to rise a little.  Not much was different, but the doc still wasn’t satisfied.  She tweaked the meds again.  She added one to keep a handle on cholesterol and said come back in a few weeks to get it all checked again. 

 

Later in the afternoon the LaMarque kids all came by.  They were on an excursion to the Galveston library, and we were the logical next stop.  Of course.  After a hard day at the library, everyone needs a spot to grab a snack and a root beer float before heading out to karate class.  And what better spot than Nana’s kitchen?  It was fun to just hang out and talk and watch Ezra play. 

 

After they left we ran out to the church to deliver a key to the voting judge.  We are hosting elections again, and he needed to measure how he was going to fit the machines.  We are praying for warm enough weather for us to continue meeting outside for worship, at least until after voting ends, so we won’t have to deal with moving the machines around.  Ah, logistics.  Gotta love ‘em.

 

I did sleep all night in our own bed.  No trips to the couch.  Amazing.  Guess the prednisone weaning process is working.  Or else I was pretty wasted at bed time. 

 

Well, it feels like I’m rambling a bit.  Just trying to fill time until my appointment at 2:15 with the neurosurgeon.  Hard to concentrate on other stuff with that hanging over one’s head.  But then it’s also fun to give free rein to my random, creative, see what comes out next side.  But no, I don’t type everything that comes to mind.  That might come across as too wacky.  Or would it be wonky?  What’s the difference between wacky and wonky anyway?  And why doesn’t anybody ever say “woncracky”?  I think that’s a cool word.  And speaking of cool words … OK.  Stop …

 

2 Peter 1:3 says, “His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and godliness.”

 

Father, help me to be able to hear clearly and with understanding what the doc says today.  This old body is truly in your hands.  After all, you made it.  Amen.

No comments: