Saturday, September 5, 2020

September 5 – “U? E? SHSH?”

Nothing much to report about my day yesterday.  Well, there is one thing.  As I sat at my desk doing some work, calmly minding my own business, all of a sudden I felt a pain in my right side.  It was like someone snuck up from behind and stabbed me.  Very much a pinpoint location.  But it didn’t stop there.  It began to radiate out from that spot to cause a dull ache to overtake my lower back.  It was the same spot that has bothered me before, most recently when we had to board up two houses and the church in preparation for the storm.  The pain never really subsided much.  I kept a heating pad on it most of the day, then switched to cold packs last night.  I knew my inability to get comfortable would keep Chris up, so I camped out on the couch.  It was a long, rough night. 

 

So … Chris has mentioned the U word a time or two and then switched to the E word.  (U=urgent care clinic.  E= emergency room).  I’m pondering those options.  I might consider the ER, but only if April is working.  I’d greatly prefer a third option.  Maybe SHSH (Stop Hurting Stay Home)?

 

Philippians 4:7 says, “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

 

Father, thank you for your peace.  I needed to hear that promise this morning.  Amen.

No comments: