Saturday, September 19, 2020

September 19 – “Moo-Eyoop”

Well, yesterday our computer decided it was time for a little update.  Why, sure.  How bad could it be, right?  Just a few extra minutes and I could be back at it, all fresh and updated and all.  Umm.  Nope.  This time it just so happened that the computer was extra-hungry.  It wanted not just a brief morning snack.  Or even a mid-morning brunch.  Or even a nice, quick lunch.  Oh, no.  It was time for … MUUEWP (Pronounced “Moo-eyoop”) … Major Update/Upheaval of the Entire Windows Program.  Of course it was.  And once you have started on one of those things, there is no going back.  In fact, if the computer senses you thinking about it, a screen will magically appear warning you not to turn off your computer.  And heaven forbid if you try to touch it.  I was too afraid to chance it, but I’m pretty sure there is a “Back away from the keyboard” warning function in there somewhere.  It took no less that four and a half hours before I was even given the opportunity to put in my password.  And once it took that, it had to actually load everything.  Finally, the desktop screen appeared with my usual icons on it.  BUT … it had forgotten which picture I had been using as a desktop screen background.  With a toss of my head in victory I showed that technological beast who ultimately was boss.  I reloaded it.  And it did as it was told.  Back up and running.  Hope you didn’t miss me too much …

 

Cailyn came over for lunch.  Her Mom and Dad had to make a quick trip to Corpus to help with some family matters there.  Cailyn still had to go online a time or two to get school assignments and updates and be counted present in classes.  She did hang out in one of the zoom classes.  She likes the teacher a lot.  I do, too.  No, I’ve never met her, but I donned Chris’ big ol’ floppy sun hat and some cool aviator shades, held on tight to my stuffed dolphin and one of my colorful chickens, and crashed the class.  Just walked up behind Cailyn and leaned over to see what was going on inside that little box there.  The teacher greeted me warmly and asked how I was doing.  I asked her the same.  I didn’t stick around too long, though.  I was afraid Chris would come into the room and want her hat back.  But I did meet the teacher, so to speak.  Very nice lady.  Reminds me of Mrs. Shelley up at Columbus Avenue Baptist Church in Waco.  Maybe I’ll visit again someday …

 

Matthew 4:4 says, “Jesus answered, ‘It is written: “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.”’”

 

Father, please provide your protection from this new storm in the Gulf.  I’m not in a position to do all those preparation procedures right now.  Amen.

No comments: