Saturday, September 12, 2020

September 12 – “And it has kicked in”

 Well, here I am, writing this about an hour earlier than usual.  Why?  Because yesterday I started the prednisone prescribed by my doctor.  And that means, as it always has in the past, that I won’t be doing much sleeping over the next four days or so.  That’s just the way it affects me.  And it has kicked in.  Last night I actually managed to doze a bit off and on from 11:30 or so until maybe 2.  Then it was time to be awake, according to my body.  It was a little different from the last time.  Then I was so keyed up I had to get up in the middle of the night and do computer work.  At least this time I managed to stay in bed.  Even forced my eyes closed.  But then around 3:30 an unusual thing happened.  I like unusual things and surprises.  And this certainly fit the bill.  It was one of those occasions when a song suddenly gets stuck in your head on a loop and you can’t seem to change it.  So, what was this song that my addled brain insisted I hear the massage of?  “We Wish You a Merry Christmas.”  Yep.  Classic.  Oh, and the part that was replaying was, “Good tidings we bring to you and your kin.”  Not much of the rest of it, although after a while my conscious mind took over and I force-fed myself the rest of the lyrics.  Great fun. 

 

I guess it is also important to mention that I have an MRI on my spine scheduled for today.  Have to drive up to League City for this one.  Hope that makes it special.  I don’t usually get claustrophobic, but then most of the time I just take a nap.  Hope this medicine high allows me to do that.  Gotta remember to message my doc two hours after the MRI so she can connect with the radiologist who reads it. 

 

And the rest of the news is that we have two more storms brewing in the Gulf.  Of course.  One is just a “disturbance” heading this way.  The other one is already a tropical depression, though.  Number Nineteen.  It’s moving across Florida right now, expected to become a Tropical Storm later today.  It is supposed to hit the Louisiana/Mississippi coast, though.  Gotta watch that one.  Not sure how capable I am right now of boarding up windows either here at the house or across the street or especially at the church.  Hmm.  Hurricane Sally.  Doesn’t sound particularly dangerous …

 

1 Peter 1:15-16 says, “But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written, ‘Be holy, because I am holy.’”

 

Father, would you please help the docs discover something with this test today?  Peace of mind, you know?  Amen.

 

No comments: