Wednesday, September 2, 2020

September 2 – “Nana’s Return to Roatan”

It’s official.  Tropical Storm Nana is now with us.  At the present time she is headed to Central America to cause them no end to grief.  You might say it is Nana’s Return to Roatan.  She is gonna make everyone in her path go pick his own switch.  And then …

 

Big news on the “athletics” front around here yesterday.  I was wrestling with Ezra in my office chair.  Not an unusual event, mind you.  Except for this time.  He went over the side and took me with him.  The whole chair toppled over.  I managed to adjust his little body so that he simply rolled over and popped up onto his feet.  Me, on the other hand …

 

See, my hands were both busy with the task of maneuvering his body, so I had no way to properly reach out and cushion my fall.  Instead I less than gracefully … landed on my head.  Got me a nice goose egg for my efforts.  Chris got me an ice pack.  Frozen mixed vegetables, you know.  Works perfectly.  Other than a headache, some residual neck soreness, an inability to concentrate, and a strange desire to take a long nap, I was no worse for the wear.

 

Before long Chris headed out to be the chauffer for the day.  Jachin had to be at work in Texas City.  The younger ones had to be at karate class in Dickinson.  Problem was, two of them forgot to pack their karate belts.  Apparently that’s a major no-no in dojo circles.  It results in multiple pushups.  So the plan was to run by their house first.  The kids ran in and Chris stayed in the car with Ezra.  But after an unreasonably long time, Josiah and Noa weren’t coming out.  Come to find out, a yellow jacket was holding them hostage.  Well, he was in a window, way at the top, nowhere actually near anybody, but he might dive bomb at any second.  I totally concur with that diagnosis of the situation.  Yellow jackets are certainly on my list as public enemies.  I am deathly allergic to them.  Chris finally had to go in and rescue them.  My hero.  And they made it to their lesson on time.  Bonus.

 

Everybody was back in the fold around 3, after Jachin got off work.  We grilled some burgers and hot dogs for supper.  Then Chris took all the kiddos over to the park to play for a while.  It was the first evening that the heat index was remotely bearable.  I think it was around 106 instead of the usual 110 plus.  I volunteered to stay home and wait for Kel to arrive when he got off work.  Hey, somebody has to be available for the hard … cool … work.  As it turned out he didn’t get here until they were back anyway, but I didn’t mind holding down the fort.  The air conditioned fort …

 

Ephesians 6:10 says, “Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power.”

 

Father, thanks for the small break in the heat yesterday.  The kids enjoyed being outside for a change.  Amen.

No comments: