Friday, September 18, 2020

September 18 – “Hello in there …”

 I had to make a quick jaunt out to the church yesterday.  Someone was interested in using the retreat center for a board of directors retreat.  They wanted to check it out first to see if it would work for them.  The kitchen got an immediate thumbs’ up.  She wasn’t so sure about the bunk rooms, though.  Apparently a simple bunk is a bit too rustic for some of their older members.  Hey, I get it.  I feel the same way about sleeping in a tent. 

 

I did manage to score a haircut in the afternoon.  I didn’t really need one.  Oh, those aggravating little strands were just starting to sneak over the tops of my ears.  I hate that.  But is this case the haircut was like having a spa day for me.  See, I was really tired.  Long night with not much sleep included.  I just couldn’t turn my mind off, what with all the revelations and questions still flying around in there about my back.  I did three or four extra crossword puzzles and read a few chapters in my novel.  That didn’t really do any good, so I ended up spending a few hours writing out what became yesterday’s blog entry.  I just needed to get everything straight in my mind, so I did what any self-respecting male would do.  I retreated to my internal guy cave and went to work.  I’m not sure I got anything solved, but at least I was able to talk about it a little easier yesterday.  Sure am glad I have an understanding wife who doesn’t mind waiting outside the cave.  She also knows just when to stick her head inside, whisper a soft, “Hello, in there,” and see how I’m doing.  Quite a valuable skill, ladies.

 

Romans 12:21 says, “Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.”

 

Father, thank you for that understanding you have blessed Chris with.  And thank you for that Chris you have blessed me with.  Amen.

No comments: