Monday, September 7, 2020

September 7 – “Yaaaawwwnnn”

I stayed home from church yesterday.  Totally played hookey.  But I did wear my Seaside t-shirt.  Does that count?  Kel preached for me.  And that’s a good thing, too.  I had my computer all set up and ready to watch the service on FaceBook live by about ten minutes to go time.  And that’s the last thing I remember until I woke up about thirty minutes into the service.  I did go back and watch that first part of the video.  Kel did good, as usual. 

 

The meds kept me pretty sleepy the rest of the day as well.  As far as I can tell, they are working at keeping the pain down.  I’m not sure what is happening with the target area, though.  The med also have some odd side effects.  My mouth stays really dry and I have some difficulty urinating.  Apparently those are the classic side effect symptoms … of both of the meds. 

 

But speaking of side effects, my side where the main source of the pain was and where I had that excruciating pain on Saturday night, is totally numb.  Just no feeling there at all.  If that keeps up I’m supposed to check in with my regular doctor on Tuesday.  Guess I’ll dutifully keep taking the meds and sleeping a lot.

 

Oh, and Kel and his family came over and brought pizza for lunch.  They left around three.  Know how I know the time?  Because the Astros game was just coming on TV.  I had a hard time staying awake for that, too.  Apparently I didn’t miss much.  Lost again.  Swept by the last place in the division.  Pretty sad.

 

Matthew 11:28-29 says, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”

 

Father, thank you for showing up at Seaside yesterday and watching over my folks.  And please bless Kel for his last minute fill-in.  Amen.

No comments: