Thursday, September 24, 2020

September 24 – “Nice, but odd”

 Well, it felt like an actual cold front came through here yesterday.  Well, a cool front anyway.  Except that the wind was from the west.  The skies were totally overcast, but the radar picture on my phone showed us as totally clear with nothing but blue skies overhead.  Odd.  Nice, but odd.

 

I took another walk with my two girlfriends yesterday.  Umm, that would be Chris and Freddy, just so you know.  We’re still just going around the block.  My back starts tightening up, and the doc said if it hurts at all to stop.  But, hey, at least the walk was a dry one.  And cool.  It was very cool. 

 

Freddy is getting to where she likes this whole going for a walk or getting in the car with us altogether too much.  I grabbed a key to go check on my neighbor and Freddy went nuts.  She rand in circles around Chris’ chair.  And when it became evident that she wasn’t to be included in this particular endeavor, she jumped into Chris’ lap and sulked until my return.  That’s all we need … a temperamental dog. 

 

I have to confess something here.  I’m getting a little stir crazy.  We are being very careful (Read here, Chris is making sure that I am very careful) about what I do and don’t do and where we go and don’t go, since I have that MRI on Monday and the neurosurgeon appointment on Wednesday.  If he starts making more noise about surgery, then I don’t want to exacerbate the injury or “risk the Covid.”  As it is, I’ll probably have to have one of the evil Covid tests anyway if I have to have surgery.  I’d just as soon it come back negative to make everyone happy.  So … five more days. Maybe we can go to WalMart or something.  Just to give me a “go fix” …

 

Luke 6:36 says, “Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.”

 

Father, thank you for that mercy as it is directed at me … all the time.  Amen.

No comments: