Sunday, August 30, 2020

August 30 – “Not done yet”

I finally decided to brave out the back issues and get the boards down at the church.  Fortunately Corey, Jim, and Ray were available as well, so they took care of most of the heavy lifting.  And it took us less than an hour to get it done.  Nice job, guys.

 

Back home I joined Chris in putting more stuff back in place.  I thought emptying would be easier than packing.  Not so much.  The biggest issue was putting pictures back into frames.  I left that part to Chris.  I just came when called to help hang them on the wall.  PRN.  That’s a nurse word I learned from being married to Chris.  No idea what the letters stand for, but it means “as needed.”  I think.

 

The widow who lives across the street from us got back into town from her evacuation.  She was going to try to take down the boards from her windows by herself.  Nope.  Not how this works.  Nathan came over and we got that chore taken care of.  It didn’t even take all that long.  It was hot, though. 

 

So … I guess my back just needed to move around some.  It lasted the whole day without giving out completely.  I’ll take that as a win.  Well, at least a tie.  I AM pretty sore today …

 

1 Corinthians 12:25-27 says, “so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.  If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.  Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.”

 

Father, be with the part of your Body that meets at Seaside today.  Bless us with your presence.  Amen.

No comments: