Saturday, August 29, 2020

August 29 – “Putting it back”

So Friday.  My day off.  Not.  I had to try to catch up on my sermon prep that I have missed for the last three days.  I’m praying the folks are kind in their assessments on Sunday morning.  You know, listen for scriptural content rather than get distracted by presentation.

 

I also helped Chris begin the process of putting the house back together.  It is almost as much of an ordeal to put things away as it was to pull them down for evacuation.  We put plants and backyard furniture back in place first.  That was kind of a necessity since they were all filling up our den and dining room.  The main project, though, was putting away all the photos albums.  More than 35 of them.  Each one as heavy, or heavier than the last. We didn’t end up taking them with us, but we had already put them into plastic crates.  And did I mention that they are heavy? 

 

We still have seven or eight of those tubs to empty, but today I’m supposed to go to the church and take down the boards over the windows there.  A group meets inside tonight.  And then, that’s where the bathrooms are for the Sunday morning service.  Even though we are meeting outside, we still need the building to look less like a dungeon inside.  The hardest part there will be carrying them inside and getting them stashed. 

 

However, I was awakened this morning at 5 a.m. with a really sore back. Worse than after we put up all the boards and loaded the cars for the evacuation.  And as I type this around 6:30, it hasn’t eased up much.  I am re-evaluating the church situation.  That may have to wait until tomorrow after worship.  Maybe some strong backs will show up …

 

Hebrews 8:10 says, “I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts.  I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

 

Father, thank you that we have a house to come home to and a place to put things back.  Some don’t.  Please be with the folks in Louisiana.  Amen.

No comments: