Thursday, August 13, 2020

August 13 – “The Office Equipment Tragedy”

I discovered the first tragedy of our Cousins/Family Camp weekend.  I can’t find something.  It’s not a big deal, mind you.  It’s not like our checkbook is gone or my desk chair is missing or the TV is somehow misplaced.  No, all of those would certainly have been dealt with a bit sooner.  This one, however, is … merely annoying.  It’s one of those things that you wouldn’t even notice until you run into a situation where you need it.  So have I amped up your inquisitiveness yet?  OK.  The missing item is that little round piece of plastic with notches in it that fits into a roll of scotch tape.  Then you put the whole thing inside the dispenser and pull the tape off from there.  I have the dispenser.  I have the tape.  Both found in separate parts of the office.  But that little plastic piece that brings the two together is missing.  And now the dispenser is useless and the tape requires digging out the end with your fingernails and cutting it with scissors or breaking it off with sheer brute force.  Sigh.  The trials of an office equipment tragedy.

 

Oh, I did go out yesterday.  I had a doctor’s appointment.  No big deal though.  Just had to have the yearly blood test to make sure my medication hasn’t destroyed my liver or kidneys as of yet.  I’ll get those blood test results today online.  As far as I can tell I am fine, though.  No pain other than “the usual.” 

 

I swung (or would it be swang?  Swing, swang, swung?) by Randall’s on my way home.  It was time to pick up the prescription that precipitated this doctor’s visit.  No problem there at all.  Chris even had one ready for pickup as well.  Got that taken care of as well. 

 

Just read in today’s paper that plans are in the works to build an overpass over 61st street to ease traffic leaving the island.  Sounds like a noble effort.  Not slated to begin until sometime in 2022.  Then it will take four years to finish.  Wonderful.  Six years.  So that will put me at 73 or so.  Maybe we can go on a six year tour of the country and just come back when it’s all finished …

 

1 Peter 3:12 says, “For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

 

Father, please be with Chris at her doc appointment today.  Help him find some way to further ease her pain.  Amen.

No comments: