Friday, August 14, 2020

August 14 – “Same day service”

I experienced quite the surprise yesterday.  I texted my haircut lady to get on her schedule for a haircut.  I fully expected it to happen sometime next week.  Instead she texted right back and offered an appointment for later in the day.  Same day service.  Suzann, you are awesome.

 

Chris had a pain doctor appointment yesterday.  I don’t know what all he said, but she is supposed to come back in a month or so.  Sooner if her back hurts worse.  He did offer to do another shot.  He said the first one was designed to alleviate the issue of pain streaking down her legs.  The second one would be targeted more toward her back.  She’s still deciding on that one.

 

I did get some work done while she was gone.  Spent a lot of time in front of the computer.  The sermon basics are complete.  Just need to go over them a time or two more.  Even have my props ready to go.  Also have to get the song words and Visual Verse sheets printed up.  That pretty much catches me up to a usual Friday.

 

We sat in our back porch swing for a while in the evening.  It was kind of nice … until Chris noticed that the grass really needs to be mowed.  Oh boy.  Guess that’s what I’ll be doing here in a little while.  Can’t start something like that until after eight though.  Gotta be kind to the neighbors.

 

2 Timothy 1:12 says, “I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day.”

 

Father, thanks for such an encouraging promise in the midst of these weirdo times.  Amen.

No comments: