Wednesday, August 19, 2020

August 19 – “A glimpse of Rome”

The birthday celebrations just keep on coming.  Yesterday we were treated to lunch with Nathan, April and Cailyn.  We went to a place we had never been before called Katie’s Seafood.  Actually I have been to their seafood market, where they sell fish and shrimp fresh off the boats.  In fact, after we ate we went over to the market and bought some shrimp.  Chris has been craving some shrimp gumbo.  Coming soon to a kitchen near me …

 

The lunch was really good.  Chris had some kind of seafood wrap and I had fish and shrimp.  The fresh fish of the day was tile.  I think it’s some kind of sea bass.  I’m pretty sure it’s a deep sea variety like red snapper.  It was good.  The shrimp were good too.  We tried some of their chowder as well.  I thought it had kind of a fishy taste to it.  Next time I’ll ask them to cut the fish and toss in some extra shrimp. 

 

We even got presents.  Chris got a nice shirt and some chocolate-covered almonds.  I got a new cast net and a Nestle Crunch bar.  Cailyn told me she was instrumental in choosing the bar.  What can I say?  My girl knows me pretty well. 

 

When we got home we had a slice of watermelon for supper.  I for one was stuffed.  And then the Astros game went into extra innings.  Miles Straw won the game on a walk-off single in the eleventh inning.  Exciting stuff. 

 

Speaking of exciting, we started another crossword puzzle.  Gotta get these birthday presents going.  This one is images of the city of Rome.  A real glimpse of Rome.  Lots of color.  Lots of tiny little people.  The pope is on there.  So are Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn.  Oh, and Caesar.  And a Roman guy on a chariot.  Go figure.  Lots of the iconic buildings, from the Colosseum to some pizza joints, dot the landscape.  It has already been a fun one.  Only has 500 pieces though.  It’ll be over all too soon …

 

Philemon 4-5 says, “I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints.”

 

Father, thank you for celebrations that just keep on going.  Amen.

No comments: