Tuesday, August 11, 2020

August 11 – “Tag Team”

We made our way all the way to Waco yesterday to deposit the last two of our precious cargos.  Zak and Caleb are seasoned travelers, so they were amazing in the car.  Of course they played some games on our phones to pass the time.  And when we switched drivers Zak kept his eye on me.  The driver exchange happened after our Buc-ees stop.  Only Caleb and I went in for a bathroom break.  Then we had a picnic in the parking lot with the goodies Nani packed. 

 

My first time driving in quite a while went really well.  I didn’t forget anything to speak of about the nuances of negotiating the road.  Like I said, I could feel Zak’s watchful eye behind me, so I knew I would be fine.  Chris was able to catch some needed shut-eye.  She had quite the weekend physically.  It definitely took a toll on her back situation.  She has an appointment with the pain doctor on Thursday.  We’ll see …

 

Here in Waco we were surprised with an early birthday party.  Christi made us a cake.  Wait.  Not just any cake.  Christi made us a CAKE.  It was the biggest thing I had ever seen.  Josh even pulled out a measuring tape.  Four inches tall in the very center.  Wow.  Come to find out, she used not one but two full boxes of cake mix.  And the icing on top looked like chocolate waves.  Very yummy.  We even got gifts.  Chris got a poster of all the national parks where she can scratch and sniff whenever we visit one of them.  Well, I’m not sure about the sniff part, but there are so many ways that could be accomplished.  My gift was a classic.  It was a magnetic set, so already very creative.  But the subject matter had me cracking up.  It was a masterful addition to my collection of religious oddities.  This one had a figure of Jesus and a collection of clothing for him to wear, just like a paper doll.  The title of the artifact was, fittingly … “What Would Jesus Wear?”  Love it.

 

Colossians 3:15 says, “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.”

 

Father, thank you for our tag team driving trip yesterday.  Please keep us safe today on the way back home.  Amen.

No comments: