Thursday, May 7, 2020

May 7 – “The ‘Hey, Stranger’ text”


How’s this for an interesting text to receive?  My barber/hair stylist sent me a “Hey, Stranger” text to say she had already made an appointment for me in a few weeks.  She even offered to make one for Chris, too.  I accepted.  So did Chris.  Enjoy my long flowing locks while you can, folks.  They are soon to be sheared once again.

Guess where Chris took me yesterday?  WalMart.  That’s right, she came, too.  We both wore our masks faithfully.  Nathan is pretty adamant about that.  In fact, he says we should always wear a mask to WalMart.  Like … always.  From now unto eternity.  And to be honest, if we didn’t need more groceries than just fruit, Chris would have happily remained at the house. But we ran into a friend who wasn’t wearing a mask at all.  

One of the things we bought at WalMart was replacement tubes for the bicycles.  And after we got home I realized they were the wrong size.  So I had to go back and return them.  The lady asked if I wanted the refund back on my credit card or on a gift card.  Since I was going straight to exchange the tubes, I said gift card.  So she issued a credit back to my credit card.  So confusing.  She realized right away what she had done, and apologized profusely.  I assured her it was no big deal to me.  The end result would be the same.  I finally found the correct size, though, and got the switch done.  Hopefully the explosion of the blowouts didn’t destroy too much of the tires themselves.  Guess we’ll have to actually ride them to find out.

We finished another puzzle last night.  999 pieces.  Yep.  One piece missing.  So sad. 

And one last thought.  We woke up to actual rain yesterday.  Lots of it.  The grass was really happy.  Chris was happy that the grass was happy.  I was happy that Chris was happy.  So, see?  Even the dark, dreary, rainy days of life can result in joy, if you just keep the proper perspective.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “pray continually,”

Father, that’s a pretty profound two words there.  Help me learn how to do that.  Amen.

No comments: