Wednesday, May 27, 2020

May 27 – “And there’s the pitch …”


OK, all you dream-mongers.  I had another one.  This one was very short.  A good friend of mine named Bo (I think he lives in Magnolia, to narrow it down some) was playing baseball.  Pitching.  At least I thought it was baseball.  Until he threw a pitch.  Come to find out it was fast-pitch softball using a wiffle ball.  And I have to say, the pitch he threw was absolutely unhittable.  Of course, I wasn’t batting, or the results may have been different.  I was merely in the stands watching.  And there you have it.  This week’s dream interpretation assignment.  Of course my take on the whole thing is … I prayed for you this morning, Bo.  Hope all is well with you and Nancy.

The LaMarque Vaughan came over yesterday.  They came to claim their dog and take her back home.  We have been granddog–sitting for the past week while they have been on a family vacation to see relatives somewhere in West Texas, I think.  It took their dog (named Leia, after a certain inter-galactic princess) a while, but she was slowly learning our routine.  Little things like don’t poop in the house and don’t sit on my part of the couch (she sheds little white hairs everywhere).  We didn’t ask much.  But now it is back home for her.  And boy, was she ever glad to see them.  Ran around the house like a chicken with its head cut off.  She had more exercise in those first fifteen minutes than she’s had all week, to be sure. 

Did I mention that we have started a new puzzle?  We finished that evil one with just three colors, all shades of black and gray and some white.  This new one is much easier.  It’s a house with a sign out front.  It didn’t take any time to get the sign done.  Way too easy to match up letters.  It did have a lot of bushes, though.  I managed to complete all but four pieces yesterday.  I left them undone on purpose.  I’m waiting to see how long it will be before Chris – or someone else – finishes it.  Photos will be forthcoming, I suppose.

Matthew 6:25 says, “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?”

Father, again I ask that you watch over Bo and Nancy.  Keep them safe and healthy.  Amen.

No comments: